Staying Safe from CoronavirusMarch 18, 2020
Vote for Us TodayMay 22, 2020
Non-Essential Service Closures – Effective from 3pm, 27 March 2020
Our number one priority continues to be the safety and wellbeing of the people we support and our workforce – and to maintain continuity of service for a long as possible during the prolonged national crisis.
The following decisions have been based on our ability to effectively implement strategies such as social distancing, effective infection control and ultimately, our ability to reduce the risk of a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 from coming into contact with the people we support:
- Our Independent Living Services will cease operating from 3pm on Friday 27 March for those with existing support arrangements in place. For people with no other support arrangements or network, we will continue to provide essential support.
- Our Community Hubs services will cease operating from 3pm on Friday 27 March until further notice. This includes Garden House, Sutherland Community Hub and the Multi Purpose Centre, Sutherland.
- Loftus Community Respite will cease operating from 3pm Friday 27 March until further notice.
- Our Business Services will cease operating from 6pm on Friday 27 March until further notice. This includes Caringbah Craft Centre, Kids Club and Retail Therapy.
- Our Supported Independent Living (SIL) services will continue to operate, with community access being limited to meet the guidelines stipulated by government.
- Mikarie Child Care Service will remain open at this time and we will review the daily advice provided by the NSW Government’s Early Childhood Directorate.
- Our clinical services team will continue to operate, although only remote supports will be offered by phone or video conferencing.
- Our Support Coordination will continue to operate via phone, video conferencing and email.
We are mindful
of the impact these decisions will have on families and carers. We will be
doing everything humanly possible to reopen these services when we believe it
is safe to do so.
If you would like to discuss any of the points raised in
this letter, please contact Cathy Quinn, Executive for Operations on 02 8536
Thank you for your support.