Impact to Our Services
Updated 12 January 2022
We ensure the physical safety and health of our customers and each other as a priority.
Sylvanvale is taking guidance from the Australian and NSW Government with regard to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The current status of each of our services is outlined below:
- Our Supported Independent Living (SIL) services will continue to operate.
- Mikarie Child Care Service remains open.
- Our Clinical Services team will continue to operate, including face to face consultations.
- Our Support Coordination will continue to operate via face to face, phone, video conferencing and email.
- Our Independent Living and Social Support services have recommenced, with home and community based supports to recommence with social distancing in place.
- Our Community Hubs services remain open.
- Loftus Community Respite remains open.
- Caringbah Craft Centre remains open.
Community Access For Supported Independent Living (SIL) Customers
All SIL residents, regardless of vaccination status, are permitted to leave the SIL house to exercise, seek medical or to attend small family gatherings provided they adhere to the restrictions within the Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021.
SIL residents, and their accompanying support worker, must be fully vaccinated to visit:
- Hospitality venues such as a café or restaurant,
- Group classes and activities at recreation facilities,
- Retail outlets such as shopping centres (not including essential services such as a supermarket or pharmacy).
- Residents must wear a mask at indoor venues and when on public transport.
- Where RAT is available, residents who leave the facility to attend a family gathering should on return be supported to have a RAT on days 2, 4 and 7 after they return.
- Residents should get a booster dose as soon as they are eligible for one.
Day Programs & Respite
- Sylvanvale Day Programs and Respite remain open.
- External Day Programs remain open.
- Families to provide 7 days’ notice of their person returning to day programs.
We are keeping the people we support, their families and carers updated through regular communication. If you are not receiving these communications, please click here to contact us.
The following three methods are available to help you keep in contact with your person at our Supported Independent Living (SIL) sites.
- Video conferencing.
- Storypark. Click here for user guide.
- Telephone calls with SIL sites.
For further information, please contact our Service Planning Team, or call 1300 244 577.