Things You Need to Know – Preparing for Your SIL Plan Review
Recent changes to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Price Guide mean that preparing for your person’s Supported Independent Living (SIL) NDIS Plan Review is more important than ever.
To help the people we support get the best possible outcomes from their SIL Plan Review and maintain continuity of support, Sylvanvale has established a Service Planning Team to assist, free of charge.
Sylvanvale’s Service Planning Team will contact you approximately 20 weeks prior to your person’s Plan Review to arrange a pre-planning meeting over the phone. This lead-up will help ensure sufficient time to discuss supports and goals, get documentation in order and identify any gaps. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) requires SIL submissions six to eight weeks prior to your Plan Review.
Tamara Jankova is Sylvanvale’s new Service Planning Manager. Before joining Sylvanvale, Tamara was an NDIS Planner, so has a unique insight into what will help you prepare for your person’s Plan Review meetings. With regards to this, Tamara has the following advice:
• Start by thinking about what a week looks like and the supports needed in a week.
• Consider what worked well in your person’s plan and what didn’t work well.
• Review your person’s goals. Has your person achieved their goals or made progress towards achieving them? Which goals do they need to continue to work on and which goals do they need to change?
• Think about what your person needs to bring them to an equal standing to a person without disability. The NDIS will pay for reasonable and necessary supports such as a support worker and assistive technology. For example, consider if your person would be able to communicate more effectively through the inclusion of specialist intervention to improve communication and associated training for support workers to implement that advice.
• Work out the detail of what you need. The more specific you can be, the more helpful and convincing it will be for working out supports and costs.
• Closely review the outcome of your NDIS Plan Review.
1. Ensure there is sufficient funding to sustain existing supports you receive from Sylvanvale services.
2. If there are material differences and you have concerns, you can contact our Service Planning Team to discuss the gaps and next steps.
3. If your existing funding levels have changed significantly and you are concerned, there are a number of options available to you; including requesting a review of the decision through the NDIS.
For further information, please contact our Service Planning Team on 1300 244 577.